Below is my unscientific picks for some of my favorite music releases from 2015 (in alphabetical order).
- Advance Base Nephew in the Wild, song pick: Christmas in Milwaukee
- Supermoon Oh Supermoon, Vol. 1, song pick: Sarah
- Alabama Shakes Sound & Color, song pick: Dunes
- Moses Sumney Mid-City Island, song pick: Everlasting Sigh
- Boots Aquaria, song pick: I Run Roulette
- Father John Misty I Love You, Honeybear, song pick: The Ideal Husband
- Courtney Barnett Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit, song pick: An Illustration Of Loneliness (Sleepless In NY)
- EL VY Return to the Moon, song pick: I’m The Man To Be
- The Minus 5 Dungeon Gold’s, song pick: My Generation
- Pfarmers Gunnera, song pick: The Ol’ River Gang
- Laurie Anderson Heart of a Dog, song pick: The Release of Love
- Sufjan Stevens Carrie & Lowell, song pick: Should Have Known Better
- John Grant Grey Tickles, Black Pressure, song pick: Snug Slacks
- Daniel Bachman River, song pick: Song For The Setting Sun II
- The Mountain Goats Beat The Champ, song pick: Southwestern Territory
- Taylor Batton Taylor Batton, song pick: Until Summer
- Father John Misty 1989, song pick: Welcome to New York
Leave a comment | tags: 2015, best, favorites, list, music, video | posted in music, video
Quick quiz: which of these song covers actually exists?
- A. Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron) playing Bill Murray’s lounge singer version of the “Star Wars” theme,
- A 6’8″ clown singing a Vaudeville version of Tears for Fears’ “Mad World”, or
- A mariachi band that specializes in the songs of Morrisey?
Answer: They are all true. Enjoy.
Leave a comment | tags: cover, mariachi, Morrisey, Scott Bradlee, Smiths, Star Wars, version | posted in music, video
Christmas cartoon from 2004.
Leave a comment | tags: cardiologist, cardiology, Christmas, doctor, Dr. Suess, Grinch | posted in cartoon
In the Christmas spirit with this old cartoon from 2007.
Leave a comment | tags: apparel, carols, Christmas, mistakes, music | posted in cartoon
(Neither of which you hear while you have the beard.)
Leave a comment | tags: beard, language, mistakes | posted in cartoon
Listening to Trump speak is like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Only there are so many shoes.
Leave a comment | tags: politics, Trump | posted in cartoon
2 Comments | tags: behavior, language, RBF | posted in cartoon