I know the second a commit to write a list I immediately want to change it but sometimes you just have to let these things go.
I’ve included a video from one of the songs from each release because… that’s what we do now. A picture of the album cover just isn’t enough, is it?
(Hmmm. Maybe not so coincidentally, I saw all of these artists perform live during 2012.)
10. Willis Earl Beal – Acousmatic Sorcery
9. Damien Jurado – Maraqopa
8. The Mountain Goats – Transcendental Youth
7. David Byrne & St. Vincent – Love This Giant
6. The Twilight Sad – No One Can Ever Know
5. Shearwater – Animal Joy
4. Alabama Shakes – Boys & Girls
3. Menomena – Moms
2. Father John Misty – Fear Fun
1. Sharon Van Etten – Tramp
(This last video is somewhat NSFW.)
Max: Oh, yes, I’m a big music lover. Would you believe that I once listened to three weeks of Beethoven? Would you believe it? Three weeks!
Villain: I find that quite hard to believe.
Max: Would you believe (thinks a while) two weeks of Bach?
Villain: I don’t think so.
Max: Would you believe… one hour of Looney Tunes?